Tuesday, July 8, 2008

U.S. CITIZENS NEEDED - IMPORTANT MEETING!

SEE DATES AND TIMES BELOW IN PREVIOUS POST!

Dear Friends,

URGENT!!!

have been working on behalf of everyone (citizens, parents, students) to ensure the Freedom of Speech issue within our school district's latest attempt at rewriting the harassment policy. The policy does three things:

1. It intimidates all schoolchildren and will make them afraid to speak about anything whatsoever for fear of disciplinary action (denial of Freedom of Speech).

2. It adds "sexual orientation" as a "protected class," and assumes that this falls in the realm of something one is born with, i.e., race, color, male/female, etc.

3. It denies parents the right to be present in cases of disciplinary action involving their child.

THREE BIG ISSUES.

HERE IS THE REQUEST:

Remember how the School Board sat up and took notice when we took a stand for what we believe is justifiably and constitutionally RIGHT?

WE NEED TO DO THIS AGAIN. And BRING MORE PEOPLE WITH US. If you did not attend last time, PLEASE, PLEASE COME NOW!

Now that the Harassment Policy has been rewritten, it will be presented for approval THREE TIMES to our local School Board. The THIRD TIME it is presented, it will either be done appropriately and with reasonable changes to it, or it will NOT. We need to COLLECTIVELY do what we did last month and SHOW UP AT THE MEETINGS AGAIN. I cannot do this alone. The School Board MUST SEE that this is a CITIZEN CONCERN, not a "me" concern. We have to STICK WITH IT. Please strongly consider making the next three meetings. I am happy to notify you of when and where they are.

The next meeting is THIS MONDAY, JULY 14TH (see post below).

I will have somebody reading my statement on my behalf, as I am scheduled to be out of town. Don't let that stop you from attending! Call, email or write me if you need to. I am willing to help in any way I can.

IF WE DO NOT STAND TOGETHER, then all this work is for nothing. We will throw away what we were standing for the first time and they will not take us seriously. We need to approach this issue and the School Board with sincerity. If we don't "come back" to the meetings, we will most certainly look ridiculous and insincere.

Thanks for helping me along as I stand in the gap for students, citizens, taxpayers and parents. As long as you stand with me, I can continue pressing on. And most of all, PRAY.

I encourage you to forward this information on to anyone you feel will help with keeping First Amendment rights for ALL people.

No comments: