Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Clearing the air - a necessary post

I feel I must take a moment to clear the air about something that took place yesterday.

Channel 6 came to my house for an interview about the West Bend Library issue. The interview went well and they left.

These same interviewers approached a library patron, Kristina Smithers, and told her we were looking to "remove the homosexual books from the shelves" altogether (which we are NOT). With this misunderstood information, she went on the air last night as someone who was in "opposition" to what we are doing.

Kristina had the guts and grace to approach my husband and myself upon our arrival at last night's meeting to let us know she was in full agreement with our requests.

Because of the MISREPRESENTATION BY CHANNEL 6 NEWS, Kristina (whom we had never met before, by the way) took some undeserved hits from friends and others who know her strong Christian beliefs. We assured Kristina that we understood and sat together with her at the meeting (I'm sure that REALLY threw some people off...). All is well.

If you know this lady, and even if you DON'T, please call and encourage her today. She could use some Band-Aids over her wounds..... She lives in West Bend.

Thanks...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness, how sad it must be to have people misunderstand you and say mean things about you. oh wait.